The Spring Equinox represents both union and fusion. Union is the experience of the unity and openness of all things. One way to tap into the energy of union and balance on this day is to draw your attention to both the light and dark time times of this day. On the Spring Equinox, you can ask yourself what you would like to unite in your life – body and mind, dark and light, breath and body, heart and mind, rest and activity – and set your intention to align with these goals.
Fusion is the ability to surrender, allow, and merge energies. When we allow the experience of union and fusion to exist, we become more connected, more present, and more grounded. Union and fusion work together as a transformative energy to merge and join opposite forces in your life leaving you feeling more whole and more balanced. This energy is alive, potent, and expansive.
Glennie Kindred quotes, “We can use the potential and fertility of this time to create opportunities for positive change in our live and in the world. At this point we are poised between opposite forces, light and dark, receptive and active, unconscious and conscious, inner and outer. These can be united within us so that we are whole and balanced individuals. This gives birth to actions that come from the heart.”
During the Spring Equinox, you can incorporate more balancing postures into your yoga practice to tap into the energy of the season. This includes focusing equally on both the left and right side bodies and making sure to incorporate both active and passive postures. In addition, try adding these postures to your practice:
- Twisting: balances the nervous system, increases circulation in the spine, improves digestion, cleanses the body (twisting lunge, seated spinal twist, reverse triangle)
- Inversions: increases lymphatic circulation, allows new perspectives on life, build ability to shake things up, cultivates courage and trust (shoulder stand, legs-up-the-wall, headstand, forward fold)
- Arm Balances: develops focus and attention; builds confidence and a feeling of lightness (crow, side crow)
- Earth Wisdom Glennie Kindred
- The Alchemist’s Journey by Glennie Kindred